View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Jan-02-03, 08:29
Registered Member

Plan: Atkin's
Stats: 182/163/140
BF:
Progress: 45%

Ok...what is a "franken" food? I assume it is something that is freightening to your diet, like Frankenstein...Well, let me give you a list of the typical foods I eat during the day:

meat - I'll be honest, I eat way too much red meat. I enjoy hamburger. Right now I have some phili steak on the george forman grill. I'm only putting a slice of cheese on it.

I also eat vegetables. I try to have a salad each day with ranch dressing. I also try to stick with green beans for my other vegetable. I am pretty sure that my calorie intake is sufficient..if anything it is over.

What really seems to hurt me is the late night cravings. Like I said, I don't crave during the day...it is just at night. What really has hurt me is that I learned to get low carb peanut butter and there is some pineapple flavored cream cheese that I love. Both have around 4 carbs for 2 tbs..my only problem is that I can't stop at 2 tbs when I grab them in the night.

Now I know what you are thinking. I know it is only carb addiction and i need to stop buying these things if they derail my diet success. The only problem is that if I don't keep them, I'll end up eatting something worse for me with higher carbs in the middle of the night. When I get up craving like that I just can't go back to sleep at all..I'm up the rest of the night just dying to get in the fridge.

PS. I tried the herbal teas and the jello..it just doesn't satisfy me at all...it seems like it makes it worse. I did try that approach though.

Are there any supplements out there that would help with late night cravings, but that wouldn't keep me up all night?