View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Jan-01-03, 22:00

Plan: Atkins-Gastric Bypass
Stats: 285/178/150 Female 66
BF:
Progress: 79%

I started low carbing May of 2002. I went off around October after a long stall. But let me tell you what I have learned about low-carbing.

I was on induction level for over 4 months and did fine, althought I didn't loose as much as I wanted. I had, in fact, felt better than I ever felt before. People tried to talk me into eating more carbs, etc, but I hung in. My loss is not as great as others I know, but it still was loss. Mostly I was feeling much better. The biggest change, was my lack of need for sugar, flour, etc. It is really, really true, you stop craving.

So why did I go off...simple, I slipped, and it had a roller coaster effect, picking up speed as it winded downhill. Once I added a little more sugar, I added a little more sugar. This was because those sneaky little cravings came back and I didn't recongnize the little buggers.

I did not commit to the way of life thing and I gained back 10 pounds, but I had lost 38 pounds. So, I look back and say...I will do it again, but this time, I have learned from the experience.

Good luck...I too am starting today 1JAN. Stick with it for a few days and you too will see what I am talking about. Keep a journal of everything you eat. I mean everything! It helps a LOT!

You will get wonderful advice here. We are on this ride together.

-Dyna