#2   ^
Old Wed, Jan-01-03, 21:09
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 196/179/150
BF:Ugh!
Progress: 37%

cj...

Welcome back to a great WOE...this time, don't consider it a diet to lose weight because you know what happens when we are "on a diet"! It just doesn't work, and yes, getting back to it again and again makes it even harder. Your body even becomes resistant to it.

I am one of those that never gave up my coffee in the morning...a large cup, sweet and lows and half and half. If this is a problem for you and you can give it up, fine. But if this is something that makes you really feel restricted, enjoy your coffee when you want it in moderation. If it causes you problems down the road, you can address it then.

Atkins was the scariest thing for me at first...how would I EVER live without carbs??? Well, for one thing, we don't give up carbs entirely...we just get them from a healthier source...our veggies, etc. It's the nasty sugary stuff that we don't need to be putting in our bodies anyway that we can easily do without AFTER we have completed induction and have gotten used to the plan for a few weeks after.

This is important...don't do it for a few days and get bored. There is nothing boring about this WOE, in fact your meals can be very interesting and satisfying. After your body goes through its detox and adjusts to burning FAT instead of CARBS, you will find that you don't even miss them.

I baked thousands of Christmas cookies this year and never even tasted a one! I could have allowed myself a bit of a treat, but I truthfully didn't even want it. It just wasn't worth it. You will get there...hang in here with us STRONG...check in every day, make sure you read the Atkins book and go through lots of the threads on this forum for help along the way.

GOOD LUCK