#4   ^
Old Wed, Jan-01-03, 20:54
Registered Member

Plan: Dr. Atkins
Stats: 210/191/155
BF:
Progress: 35%
Default Hi Janetk

I think you will find the answers to a lot of your questions in Dr. Atkins book. If you purchase it make certain to get the latest version. I usually read it nightly before bed (hoping everything will sink in). I experienced the light headedness also, I found that making certian to eat every 4 hours(don't go any longer than 6 waking hours without eating) helped me get through the transition period. Also, right now if I need a piece of pizza, which is usually in my house at least once a week, I eat the sauce and cheese off the top. Not the real thing but close. Eventually you will be able to eat a piece now and then, but Dr. Atkins suggest this way of eating is a long term behavior modification change.
Once you have completed two weeks of induction, then you gradually raise your carb intake to find your critical carb level for losing. By the way, I am eventually going to try to make a pizza with low carb flour. YUM! who knows mabey it will taste ok. Are you still exercising two hours a day? Drinking your daily intake of H2O really helps. Log on to fitday.com for a really great website for tracking food intake. It is really cool. I found a lot of great information from this site. Scan through the journals, it helps to read of others success. Good luck and Happy New Year!
Lucylu