View Single Post
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Jan-01-03, 09:53
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 350/340/186
BF:
Progress: 6%

The problem with all of my past New Year's resolutions is that they were always made in desperation on December 31st and conveniently forgotten January 2nd. So for this year I made my resolution on October 1st 2002. I will start doing the LC thing on January 5th, that's the day I go food shopping.

I can't begin to tell you how inspirational and helpful this site has been in the last three months in getting ready for the 5th. I learned the necessity for really reading the book, how important it is to pay attention to what and how much you eat, and the importance of just hanging in there when you don't want to. I've got my induction meals all worked out using fitday, an exercise program schedule that started last week; I've had a physical with the blood work. My doctor was happy I was willing to try something after not trying at all. Monday I get my body fat measured. I've tried to get ready by the book.

I even had my wife do my measurements last night. It was brutal but the truth sometimes is.

I've never been a yo-yo dieter. In fact I haven't been on diet at all in about 15 years. The times the wife thought I was at a Weight Watchers meeting I was actually shooting pool with some friends. LOL.

But this is different. This is something that I want to do, not something that anyone else thinks I should do. That makes a big difference to me. Next year at this time I'm sure I'll look back to a bumpy road that leads to a healthier and narrower me.

Nuevo Ano, Nueva Vida- A new year, a new life.

Slow