#6   ^
Old Wed, Jan-01-03, 05:36
Forum Moderator

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 235/135/135 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 100%

G'day Ron,

First about low carb products - I don't go much on "products" as such. I pretty much stick to meat, fish, vegies, cheese, cream etc.
I use Hellmans mayo and Cardini's Caesar dressing, both of which are available in supermarkets.

I use Splenda occasionally, and even more occasionally (twice in 12 months ) make some almond biscuits using almond meal - again available in supermarkets.

As for your numbers, I think you need to be eating way more fat. It's hard I know, after coming from a low fat menatality, to switch to eating lots of fat, but it's the best way for this WOE.
Most of us aim at 60 to 70% fat - I often go well over 70%.

And the best way to eat more fat is to use plenty of mayo or other dressing on your salads and of course you're frying not grilling I presume? Vegies taste much better when they're generously anointed with butter. I make a yummy cheese sauce for vegies by simmering cream till it's thick, then adding grated cheese.

I don't worry about how much saturated versus unsaturated fat. As I've learned since reading Atkins, Protein Power and other LC works, the only scary fat is trans or hydrogenated fat. Trans fats are found in margarine and commercially baked goods.

HTH!

Rosebud