View Single Post
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Dec-31-02, 16:32
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 196/179/150
BF:Ugh!
Progress: 37%

I'm afraid I'm going to have to echo the same...and I base this on my own experience of battling the same 10 pounds up and down for 8 months...when I finally lost my appetite completely and started to lose, it gave me a chance to see what I had been doing wrong.

First, the cheese...I used to melt it on everything...it was legal, right? Yes, but can really slow down the works. Now, if I would like the taste of cheese, I have it with some salami or shred it onto a salad.

I have big salads...a LITTLE bit of bacon now, not my usual 6 slices with my 3 eggs. Now, just a little butter in the pan, two scrambled eggs...do without the cheese - save it for something better - and that's breakfast with my coffee (w/half and half).

I eat a LOT less in portions now...still don't count calories, but I do watch how much food I put away in a day. No matter what the plan, if MORE is going in than can be processed, there's going to be trouble.

Your water sounds good, and you're eating a good variety of foods. But macadamias KILLED my progress...yes, they're low in carbs but (and I hate to bring up the calories again ) but check out how much they are!!! All nuts tend to stall me, so for a while I would just nix them completely.

I wouldn't worry too much about carbs coming from the veggies...if there's one place you have to over-do it, that's not the worst. The fiber and roughage are good compensators for the few carbs they contain. Onions and tomatoes are high, carrots, of course, are out!

Try tweaking your menu just a bit and don't give up. You have the right determination and commitment...but like the rest of us, you have to find what combinations work for you.

Stay the course, check back in here with us!!

Happy New Year