View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Dec-31-02, 13:09

Plan: Bernstein Diabetes Soluti
Stats: 260/-/145 Female 5' 3"
BF:
Progress: 63%
Default A couple of suggestions...

Cut back on the bacon; it's high in sodium and it sounds like you're getting a lot of water retention. Nitrates also have a negative effect on some people weight loss-wise.
If you're still on induction, it seems like you may be going over your limit on both cheese and cream. Cheese is limited to 3-4 ounces a day and cream is limited to 2 fluid ounces (1/4 cup) per day.
Coffee has about 1 gram of carb per 8 ounces and artificial sweeteners have about 1 gram of carb per packet (these are limited to 2-3 packets a day on induction too), so those 4 cups of coffee with cream and artificial sweetener are adding up fast on you.
You can also try adding more veggies, either at breakfast or at lunch (or both if you feel brave ). I'd also suggest adding a potassium supplement along with the calcium/magnesium combo (check with your doctor first if you are taking any kinds of medication for blood pressure).

You're doing great on the water and that soup sounds delish...I think I'll give that one a try for a first course for New Year's dinner tomorrow.