#10   ^
Old Tue, Dec-31-02, 10:15
Registered Member

Plan: alittle of this, and alittle of that
Stats: 162/152/125
BF:dont know
Progress: 27%
Default thanks!!

thanks ladies, for the replies. i havent been to this site for so long, due to the flustration of PCOS, but i am still subscribed to this thread, so when i got this email, this morning, it was appreciated.
i will catch you both up with my life since i last wrote about the glucophage and it messing with my head. while on the gluc. i was getting flu like symptoms. i loved taking it because i was losing weight and i wasnt hungry all the time, but i kept getting sick, then the dizziness started, and anxiety. i still have some spells, that i am going to get checked out in the next couple of wks, to make sure it isnt my heart. so, they took me off of the gluc. and the zoloft, and tried celexa, then lexapro. i thought i was going to jump out of my skin, and my chest hurt on these. so, now i am trying effexor xr. i was fine when i was younger , before having children. after my first, i started gaining alot of weight, like 10 lbs, a month, and i didnt even get to enjoy eating all the food!! lol..
i kinda stabalized until 2 years ago. i somehow got pregnant again, (i had been excercising, so i guess i ovulated!) , i had no idea i was, and the docs, didnt either because my cycles were so irregular, that no one tested me for pregnancy, they thought i was in a major depression, i couldnt function, i thought i was losing my mind, it was awful. well, i was getting ready to go to an endocrinologist, to figure out what i could do to get my life back, and my mind, and i took one last home preg. test and it was positive!! so, i figured after 9 years of irregular cycles, and then to become pregnant, was so much of a hormone change that my body and mind just went bonkers. so, with safe meds, and God, i got thru it all, but i still deal with the depression and anxiety daily.
i suppose the irregular cycles and hormones really mess with our chemistry. this is an awful disease to have, but it helps knowing that there are other ladies out there, for support. i am hoping someday that they understand this disease better, and know how to treat the whole body for it. i sometimes wonder if i took the BC pill , if it would help the moods because it would regulate the hormones some. i have read that it helps some, and some it doesnt, and i hate to mess with my body anymore than i have to.
i wish there was a doctor that could test your hormones, and just give you what you are lacking to balance the rest, instead of giving you the BC pill, which might or might not give you more of the one hormone than you need, and not enough of the others, you know? when i, or my husband gets permantly fixed, i want to try spirolactone, it blocks the testosterone. i think if i could take that, then my female hormones might kick in more.
so for now, i am trying to low carb. i do feel better on it, but somedays i HAVE to eat carbs, they make my head feel better! so, then i say, lean and mean, or fat and happy!!
sorry, this was so long, i just wanted to let you all know what i have been dealing with, and give you support!!
take care,
paige17257