View Single Post
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Dec-31-02, 00:20
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: -/-/- Female 5 feet 7 1/2 inches
BF:
Progress: 31%
Default Re: pcos and depression? hormones?

Quote:
Originally posted by paige17257
i really hate to open up like this, and i hope someone out there will answer this post, but does anyone have problems with anxiety and depression with their PCOS? sometimes i just dont feel "right". i was doing really good for 2 years , then last week ,i caught this "flu" virus going around, and it makes you dizzy and fuzzy feeling. i also just got my cycle after 72 days, of not having it, so i guess it is the combo of being sick and hormone changes, but it stinks!! i hate not feeling "myself". can anyone relate?
i have been on glucophage for 6 wks, so i dont think i can blame it on this, or i would have felt bad before this. i have an appt, with my doc see if i need a medication change, but i was hoping that i wasnt alone out here. sometimes being a woman is so tough!! thanks for listening!!
why does God use cracked pots? because the LIGHT shines thru!!
paige17257

I'm so glad you posted this... I can't help but say that I really believe my anxiety & depression stems from my PCOS... I have never been depressed & anxious like I have been since my weight gain after conceiving our first child... I was thin before when I conceived my first-born son, but then gained weight excessively and quickly after having him and the depression & anxiety soon followed... I even take an anti-depressent and am so much more in-tune with being on it... more balanced and better coping... just everything...

I just wanted to comment on this... I do know where you are coming from and can totally relate.

Christy