Old Thu, Dec-27-07, 08:42

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 156/146.8/139 Female 69 inches
BF:
Progress: 54%

Quote:
Originally Posted by KetoOwnsMe
Hi.
I' 23 years old and my eye sight keeps getting worse. I've had problems starting at like 9yrs old. Without contacts or glasses, it's like walking in really bad fog. All I see is a big huge blur spot, like smoke or fog. Seriously, I can't see anything clear no matter how close it is to me. I wear contacts and the past year or so, I keep needing my prescription changed! I'm at -75 right now. Things are MUCH MUCH clearer, no fog/smoke, but I can't make out details.

Anyways, my doctor said it's normal because of my age right now to get worse and it will stop. But I don't know. My doctor is great and all, but I feel like I am going to be blind by the time I am 25. What do you think? Normal? Will it stop? Anyone else have experience or know anything about this?

My doctor also recommended laser eye surgery. But that sounds even more scary. I'm sure there is a slight chance something could go wrong and I'd really go blind.

If your vision is changing that fast I agree that you need to get it checked again - by a diff doc! A -75, whick I assume is actually -0.75 is a very mild prescription. Mine was -7.75!!!

It is totally normal for vision to change as you get older - a long gradual change, nothing sudden, if you weren't paying attention you might not notice for a while. Your eyes will decline faster if you read a lot or use the computer a lot - that's why so many college and university students have reading glasses. Another set of changes occur when you get to middle age.

As for laser surgery, if your doc is recommending it while your vision isn't stable, he is NUTS! I had LASIK 2 years ago with amazing results (now I have perfect vision), but I had to have unchanged vision for at least a year before they would do it.

HTH, Julie

PS I just noticed the OP was in 2004.... old thread