View Single Post
  #11   ^
Old Mon, Dec-30-02, 20:21

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 225/182/170 Female 64"
BF:
Progress: 78%

I just thought I'd put in my own strategy...I to have a husband who is a carb nut and not an ounce of fat, who said every time I'm tired, depressed, or anything else, that if I just did some exercise once in a while, I'd lose weight/be happy/energized/etc., and all the while, I was doing severe low fat/high carb and EXERCISING SIX DAYS A WEEK FOR AT LEAST AN HOUR!!

Anyway, I slowed down my exercise and started LCing in Feb. and it solved all of my problems that I complained about, and some that I didn't realize I had! Now, I'm the one listening to him complain about being hungry an hour after his huge plate of pasta and saying, well if you'd just stop your carb feasting and eat some meat......

Well, my main point was about the incentive. I weight lift on M-W-F and cardio train T-Th. After doing this at 9:00 in the morning, I don't want to blow the effects of my good work. By the way, my kids are 10, 7, and 4, and I homeschool all of them, so you can't say that they keep you from your exercise routine! My family knows that my exercise time is sacred. I have them play computer and watch TV for the hour that I do my training. Trust me, their brains will not rot and they learn respect for your private time, which, no matter when and what you are doing, you should have anyway! Trust me, you'll feel better, and who wants to work up a sweat and feel the fat and water pouring off and the muscles building and then ruin all of that for a piece of what? Cake? Candy? You can have it anytime, plan it into a CAD meal if you can't deal with the separation. I, too, do CAD when I want to have a meal in particular, but I don't let it snowball into a week or monthlong binge.

Good luck on your choices! Amber