View Single Post
  #14   ^
Old Mon, Dec-30-02, 18:03

Plan: CAD
Stats: 244/226.5/140
BF:
Progress: 17%

I'm wondering what the rest of your meals consist of. It is normal to gain a few pounds (not seven, but a few) the first week or so on CAD. You must allow yourself to adjust, a few days is not an indicator of how the diet will work. People going through induction on Atkins usually lose very quickly. After induction, it normally does not keep "shedding" off like it does during induction. It is an adjustment period, your body doesn't just change overnight. If you are having cravings, than after a few days on CAD they should go away.

But afterwards it is possible to eat most anything you'd like during the RM. I have done it many times (after the first two weeks on CAD) and have never gained after a RM. I may be an exception, but honestly, if you are doing the CM's right, you shouldn't gain weight on CAD. Remember that a lot of people react to AS just like they would if they ate the real stuff. There are many hidden carbs so sticking to the stuff detailed on Zul's list (since I know you don't have the book) might be a good idea. Also remember, during the first two weeks, it is 2 CM's and one RM. The more frequently you eat, the more frequently your insulin levels rise.

Anyways, sorry you got so discouraged, but a few days just isn't much time to try out ANY plan.

Last night, when you ate like there was no tomorrow, was it all done in no more than ONE HOUR? Even a few minutes after 60 min can throw the entire woe off balance for the next day or two. I understand that some parts might be "misleading" but if you take in common sense, you can very easily follow this plan. In the book 1/3 portions mean it LOOKS portioned. If you want more bread, you must have that much more protein and low carb veggies. I think that everyone can agree that if you overload yourself with calories (from eating like there is no tomorrow) you will pay for it. No matter what plan you are on. Eat until you are full. Also, what did you have last night? Was it packed with sodium? Have you had a BM?

Have you AVERAGED your weight? On CAD it is important to average yourweight to indicate exactly how much you are really losing. I gained 5 pounds the one day I went off it, over the last three days I've lost it all and am back down to my lowest weight. I expect tomorrow I will not gain, and maybe even lose half pound (it slows down). I believe most of it was from salt overload. That could very easily happen to you as well. Besides all that, your body is still NOT USED to you eating like this.

Either way, if you want to quit, that is fine, and I wish you the best of luck.