#11   ^
Old Sun, Dec-23-07, 15:06

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 325/170/160 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 94%

Quote:
Originally Posted by PghLady74
If these are the Bran Crispbread crackers there are still 3 grams of carbs per cracker. They are manufactured in Norway where they post the "net carbs" on the packages as the carb count. So there are actually 6 grams per cracker minus the 3 fiber grams. They ARE really good though so I eat them! Much better than regular crackers!

PS I got the info from the office in Norway

I don't post here much but lurk a lot and I had to laugh when I saw this subject coming up for debate yet again. I swear this arguement has been going on for at least 5 years! I guess with each new generation of low carbers it has to take place but I have to wonder if the truth will ever be accepted as fact.

Shari is correct ! Speaking only of the GG Scandinavian Bran Crispbreads, the Norway office has confirmed in writing and by phone to several of us over the YEARS that these have 3 carbs/cracker. Do the math, look at the label (it's NOT all fiber, there is flour in these crackers. 15% I believe) and research the European label laws. You can, of course, believe what you want but these crackers are 3 carbs each. Always have been always will be.

Still, I love them, use them and hope they are always available to the LC community. I find them SO much better tasting than the WASA or Ryvita brands and are a better carb bargain. At 3 carbs each they are a fantastic addition to an LC plan for anyone who can handle grains and isn't doing Induction.

(Back to lurk mode... )