View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Dec-30-02, 12:11
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 196/179/150
BF:Ugh!
Progress: 37%

M, I usually keep salami rolled up with cream cheese in a little baggie during induction...even though it's a processed meat, I enjoy it. I also like to keep tuna salad made, egg salad sometimes...these are things that you can open the fridge and grab a spoonful just to cut the desire.

I'm not really a snack person, so the jerky and pork rinds don't do anything for me, but I can tell you NOT to get hooked on the nuts!! They are bad news...and you can only eat a few before they bust the limit!

I do like to make rich foods though...today I'm going to make a cauliflour cassarole with sour cream, cheddar cheese, butter, chives, etc. and bake it until soft and yummy. I will have a little plate of this through the day and maybe freeze the rest.

It's all about adjustment and making things work for you. Eat your fats with your protein...butter in the eggs, (not so much cheese), dressing on the salad, etc. This keeps the tummy satisfied and the hunger down.

Good luck. Oh, a little SF jello is okay during induction, but if you can help it at all...I wouldn't even get the tongue used to sweet things right now! Just let your body and taste buds used to being satisfied with savory flavors, not sugary ones. It really helps to break the cravings.