View Single Post
  #10   ^
Old Sun, Dec-29-02, 13:19
Registered Member

Plan: No gluten, CAD
Stats: 196.0/158.5/149.0 Female 62
BF:36/29.0/27.3
Progress: 80%

I think at the end of the day the point of CAD is to decrease your carb cravings by minimizing your insulin levels. If you can follow a "regular" lowcarb plan and lose weight, you probably don't need CAD.

If you find yourself constantly doing things like eating fake foods because you still have cravings, and these end up stalling you out or your surrounded by carbs around your boyfriend or job and you don't stick to the plan, CAD can help you in these situations.

You should follow the plan as written for two weeks and individualize from there, if it helps you with your cravings enough that you're happy with your weight loss.

Cad is lowcarb at all meals but the RM. The balance is not an exact science. By volume have 1/3 portions of each and if you have more bread have 1/3 portions again. The fiber slows the sugar into your bloodstream and the protein decreases the effect on your bloodsugar. When you've done the plan a while you will know how precisely you have to balance. Some people don't balance at all.

There are more rules than Atkins but there is more freedom of food choices too. It depends on your body and personality if it works for you.

You sound really frustrated right now, I don't blame you its disconcerting to work so hard and feel like its going down the drain. I personally like Atkins the best, but as soon as my carbs got over 30 the cravings got the best of me.

I hope this helps in some ways. CAD really does work, give it a try for 2 weeks and you'll have the information to know if it works for you.
Nancy