View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Dec-28-02, 08:10

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 180/135/135 Female 64 inches
BF:30
Progress: 100%

wordlady - your link is to the main fitday page - not your personal journal - so can't see what you are eating to help. I would suggest you reinduct following the plan EXACTLY and be sure to eat only natural whole foods (no shakes, bars, sf cholates etc.) [not saying you are - as I don't know - but often this is the problem] and keep cheese to no more than 3 ounces a day. Cream to no more than 2 ounces a day. Coffee is gone or severely restricted. Eat FAT and protein until you are reasonably full.

If you do these things and not eat cheats... you WILL be in ketosis. My experience was... that I was getting lots of HIDDEN carbs in foods I thought were legal - such as drinking 6 cups of coffee (since they are large mugs that would be close to 12 carbs!) and the bars (oh the bars!)... I have an insulin reaction to the glycerin in most of them... and to a lesser extent the malitol. So I strong suggest during the weightloss phase to just stay away from them... and once you are on maintenance... ONCE in a while if you can handle it.

Wishing you success.

Supercow - back to your original question. You have all the classic indications of ketosis. If you are not hungry, not craving, thirsty, and have a different odor or taste in your mouth... you are there! Congratulations.