View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Wed, Dec-25-02, 22:19
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins Induction
Stats: 150/145/128
BF:
Progress: 23%
Default Merry Xmas! I screwed up today...

I have been at my folks' house in South Carolina since Monday and I have resisted the HUGE temptations here that friends of my Parents have brought over. Homemade pound cake, cookies, brownies, etc., so today started with bacon and eggs. However, we went over to my Godparents for a lunch that ended up being dinner at 5 PM of steak, sweet potato and green bean casserole and a SMALL piece of bread. I resisted the homemade desserts there and instead ate a small Carbolite Bar on the way home to my Parents house. I then did a brisk walk for 30 minutes. I finally gave in to the WONDERFUL looking Fresh Orange Italian Cream Cake that my cousin created from a Southern Living recipe (see below) I ate two pieces just now. I can resist cookies but a good cake has always been my favorite. I am not upset about it because I will begin tomorrow with a nice long walk. I started Atkins on 11/18 and did Induction for three weeks. After the three weeks I have been only eating 25 carbs a day and doing cardio five times a week and weight training three times a week. The scale is stuck at 144(where it was after Induction) HOWEVER, my clothes are falling off of me and I could kick myself for not taking measurements before I began Atkins.

Thanks for listening and Merry Christmas to all!!

Ingredients:
1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
1/2 cup shortening
2 cups sugar
5 large eggs, separated
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
2 cups all-ppurpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup buttermilk
1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
Fresh Orange Curd
3 cups Pecan-Cream Cheese Frosting
1/2 cup sweetened flaked cocounut, lightliy toasted (optional)
Glazed Pecan Halves (optional)
Boxwood Garland (optional, see box above)
Sponsored Links