Old Tue, Dec-24-02, 00:39
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 183/145/120
BF:
Progress: 60%
Default Here's what I do...

I have four kids so I can relate. Here's some suggestions:

1) Buy a big bag of chicken breasts and roast them all at once and store in a zip lock or whatever in the frig. You can just whip it out and snack on it straight or make it into salad, or letttuce roll-up tacos, or eat it with cheese. I usually pull one out as I'm preparing dinner for everyone else to keep me from cheating or losing my mind while I try to keep everybody happy.

2) I keep a summer sausage in my frig and pull it out, cut it into cubes and microwave them to snack on with cheese or macadamia nuts. Gotta be careful not to overdo it with these, but it's tasty and keeps me from cheating.

3) Have you tried Pork Skins? They are good with dip and sooth the craving for crunchy. They are also good crushed over salads, a good stand in for croutons. Also, you can make nachos with them

4) Sometimes I make up a bunch of celery sticks with cream cheese ahead of time so it's quick and easy.

5) I boil about a dozen eggs all at once and keep them in the fridge so I can make myself a quick deviled egg (or two!)

6) AND FINALLY, this is my personal favorite... do you have a cream whipper? They are great for this WOE. You can make up a pint of whipped cream in it and it will keep for up to 10 days (not that mine ever lasts that long). I sweeten mine with Spenda sweetened flavoring (to avoid the carbs in the powered Splenda). I have been finding Spenda sweetened flavoring at Walmart lately for a pretty good price. This method is great because the whipper pumps a lot more air into the cream than a conventional mixer and you can get more bang for your buck. I also sometimes put a tablespoon of unsweetened cocoa powder in there too. YUM. You can pull it out of the frig and squirt yourself a little spoon of heaven when no one is looking (I have to hide it from the kids or they'll just devour it all in about 30 seconds!). If you decide to get one, you can get a good deal on the chargers on ebay. I used to spend about 70 cents per charge and now I pay only about 40 cents (after shipping).

Good Luck!
Heather