#28   ^
Old Sun, Dec-22-02, 23:36
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 270/214/210 Male 72inches
BF:
Progress: 93%

Thanks again.

Since my last post, I saw the GI, who examined me and looked over my ultrasound and blood tests, and said more than likely nothing more than fatty liver. He did not even want to do Hepatitis tests, but I insisted. He said at this point it is highly unlikely I have any problem other than fatty liver, and really could not in good conscience recommend a biopsy.

He advised me to continue to lose weight, and try to put my fear of liver problems out of my mind. He said that if I thought about it, couldn't get past the anxiety over my past abuse of alcohol and fear of damage I've done, and decided a little down the line I needed the biopsy to put my mind at ease, he would make sure I was able to have it done.

So, I'll give it six months and see how I feel.

I have been tested for thyroid, and that came back fine.

I still have the itch, on and off, and the ache in the side is still there, though not as often. About all I can do at this point is get down to my goal weight, keep it there, and don't abuse the acohol again, which I haven't for several years now. I got a hold of that problem. Fear of dying has a way of motivating a person to live healthy.

Also mentioned to this doc I was losing weight by "carb restriction" and he also did not advise against it.