View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Dec-21-02, 08:34

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 468/371/275 Male 5' 10"
BF:
Progress: 50%
Unhappy Could be many things, but...

...I agree totally that it's important to find out what the reason is. As hard as it might be to ask (or hear), you will otherwise create your own possible scenario that may have nothing to do with the truth of the matter and will sabotage your own self esteem...

It's hard to say without knowing your boss, but I really doubt that weight is the issue. You're clearly an intelligent and capable person. Have you noticed your boss place mega-importance on appearance with others?

Teri is also right about not being assertive enough. If it's a position that would require you to make some hard-nosed, unpopular decisions, he may feel you're "too nice". That has happened to me in the past. And I can be very mean (for a teddy bear)...

Honestly, I know many women that are very much over weight and have positions of authority and responsibilty. Does discrimination exisit? Absolutely! But I don't think you should jump to that conclusion until you request some time with your boss to find out why you were passed over. If indeed he dangled it before you, he's obligated as a manager to tell you why he's denying you the carrot.

Be proactive and confident.

Sorry for this bummage...

Donald