Old Thu, Dec-19-02, 20:38
Registered Member

Plan: CAD
Stats: 154/154/135
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default Reply

Hello again everyone,

I'm having a real problem eating chocolate at night. I can't seem to help myself! Yes I do take calcium from GNC 1500 mg per day with 400 mg of mag. I also take 200 GTF chromium, 2 caplets of flax oil, glucosamine chondroiton, 1 baby aspirin and a mega multi mitamin each day. I'm 5' 5 1/2" tall, am 54 yoa, weigh about 157 and need to lose about 15 lbs.

My mother died of diabetes. I don't have it yet but I'm feeling as though by body is trying to take me there. I'm probably borderline hypoglycemic but never been diagnosed. I can just tell by the way I feel. I also exercise 4x per week doing "walk away the pounds" with Leslie Sansone and lift weights while walking. That's probably the reason I don't weigh 250 lbs. I have been exercising for 5 years.

I havn't started menopause yet and had all my hormone levels checked recently, also thyroid, etc. I even checked my blood sugar levels with a glucometer that my dad has and they were normal. I'll up my chromium and look into the coral calcium.

Right now the cravings are driving me crazy at night and I give in and eat chocolate. Can't get it out of the house right now because of the holidays.

Regarding cm's and cs and rm. I can't get from noon to 5:00 without eating, so I have to have a snack before RM. Then about 3 hours after RM have to eat again. That makes 5 eating sessions per day. What should I do? Sometimes I have to eat every two hours to keep my blood sugar up. I tried Atkins but couldn't stick to it. Too rigid for long term for me, I'm afraid.

Anyway, thanks for reading this loooooooooooooong post. Thanks for all your help and wisdom.

Blessings and Merry Christmas,

Grandma (Mary)