#22   ^
Old Thu, Dec-19-02, 13:29
Registered Member

Plan: Anything that works
Stats: 184/150/117
BF:45%/40%/15%
Progress: 51%
Default Growth Hormone

Well my concerns are more around over producing growth hormone really. Or should I say anymore than what I really need. there are side effects to that and they stack up if you go overboard. It affects bone and other development. Over a prolonged period and at large volumes you even develop acromegally or similar symptoms to it I'd imagine. I guess that is just physical side-effects---and once you develop thickening of extremeties and thickening of facial features. they would not go after ceasing whatever it is you took to cause them.
Other side-effects of too much Glutamine/GH?

See here:

Side Effects

I know there is nothing to support the theories of this guy...but caution in my opinion is the best policy. I always think that there is a good reason for leaving the body to make it's own level of hormones, or a reason why women should only have a certain level when compared to a man or compared to women who take supplements to boost their levels. Who knows what the long term effects are, but I would not want to even interfere with Growth hormone as it is a hormone that is produced in varying amounts by the pituitary in response to other hormones and is generally increased in those who are active anyway due to a miriad of hormonal increases that take place due to exertion. For example all the sex hormones increase with increased activity and damage to muscle. The process may be longer, but that is why it is advisable to work certain parts of the body on alternate days and give the body rest to recupe by itself.

Men may make more when they are body building, but then men by design are meant to stack on mass anyway and women are not. That's due to increased levels of the anabolic steroids (sex steroids) and hormones such as androstenedione and testosterone though.

Basically until they do more studies, I would be happy sticking with a minimal low dose in the form of a tablet. It was one of the reasons I did not buy the powder. I would rather control what I am taking and know it never exceeded more than so many mg's at a time at the moment. No harm in taking two tablets if one does not work, but with spoonfuls of stuff that is possibly more potent it would make me nervous. I have studied GH a great deal in conjunction with steroid hormones and feel it best to be cautious where they are concerned. The body has a neat way of making more of certain hormones under certain conditions through a process known as negative feedback, and I am only taking what I feel is a small boost on top of that. I would not like to dabble in larger or more potent quantities as it would interfere with what my body needs to be doing repair wise.