View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Thu, Dec-19-02, 06:20
Starting Over!

Plan: Protein Power LifePlan
Stats: 182/178/150 Female 67 inches
BF:Jiggley mess
Progress: 13%
Talking I'm proud of myself! And proud of you too!!

I'm thinking this morning about how much has changed with my eating habits since last Christmas. I'm readng around the board, particularly from newbies, that they're having a really hard time resisting all the treats that surround them, or hot bread at a restaurant, etc. That's SO normal and it gets easier with time. I think back on how out of control I was prior to LC. I would think NOTHING of popping a couple of cookies in my mouth or 2 extra hot rolls at dinner or completely grazing like a cow at a Christmas buffet!! Now I resist all those things almost effortlessly. If I do snitch a cookie here or there, I'm sometimes racked with guilt and remorse ....over ONE cookie??!?!? I think I could count on one hand the number of cookies I've had in 9 months!! I could count on two hands the number of times I've had a totally illegal treat like cookies, or a slice of cake or pie or candy bar. And I feel guilty???? What is that about?! I have eliminated the fear that I will permanently fall off the wagon for something like that....that ain't gonna happen. This is a person who used to eat M&M's to control her blood sugar DAILY!! I think I've proven to myself that I am in control. And NO, Donald , I'm not looking to give myself further permission to eat sweets! I'm observing how far I've come in my ability to resist "goodies"....they really have very little power over me any more. We'll see how good I do over Xmas.... I may just really dig in my heels and go LC all the way just to prove to myself that I can.

I think I'm doing just FINE!! I am proud of myself!

I'm proud of ALL OF US!!! We're here, we're committed, we're DOING IT!!!!
Sponsored Links