Thread: Big Ladies Club
View Single Post
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Dec-19-02, 04:19

Plan: low-carb Ali style
Stats: 175/167.5/145 Female 5ft 7inches
BF:No idea
Progress: 25%

Sorry guys but this thread has really annoyed me.
Sounds like segregation to me....I thought we were all in this together, no matter what sex we are, how large etc. etc. There are plenty of different threads that give us the opportunity to express how we feel and gain support from everyone.

I wonder what sort of reaction I would get if I asked for support from people 30 years old or younger and only weigh 150lbs or less....

Then I read the note from Chemlady and I immediately softened and calmed down because she is a REAL inspiration....

What I really like about this forum are the journals. You can peek into someones WOE or whatever they maybe feeling that day without being intrusive.
But come on...some of us really need to get honest about why we're not losing weight....yes I accept that some of us are slower to lose than others, yes we know that men lose faster than women and yes we know that losing slow and steady is the best way..... but please please don't winge and whine that you're not losing when you're still eating donuts, sweets and other crap that is being passed around the office.

I'm sorry but sometimes it's just got to be said.

Ali

If anyone thinks by looking at my stats "it's ok for her she hasn't much to lose"....I was 198lbs 2 years ago so I've been there too.