View Single Post
  #20   ^
Old Thu, Dec-19-02, 02:26

Plan: Atkins/PP
Stats: 282/248/147 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 25%
Default Wow...how did I miss this one?

Hi all! Interesting idea Cassie...We Lovely Large Ladies do have a few things going on that the wonderful men on this forum and elsewhere don't! I don't think it's too threatening...I mean it's just a thread not a password required entry...or did I miss the password?

I agree about letting Donald in though he has some awesome recipes and great decorating tips I'm sure he'd share not to mention that smile!

I've been around the forum a while, my true starting wt is a bit higher than posted as I couldn't/wouldn't weigh for the first several months as I tried different plans and found LC. For the most part I'm caffeine free, except for the TOM pure de-lite sugarfree choc truffles that I reserve for those cravings. I no longer have the massive migraines I use to and that I believe is 100% due to this WOL/WOE.

I lost some ground this year due to my slip on vacation and adopting the "Titanic Attitude" I took towards dessert and food...I felt the ship may go down so I really couldn't pass on the dessert or whatever smelled good! In the end (so to speak) I had to relose 40 pounds. (I had almost lost my HB in Feb/02 and I just thought life was too short) Turns out, it was I who was too short for the dessert and extra carbs so I finally got that figured out!

I'd like to do another BFL challenge next year too...I'm hoping to get a "clear to lift" check up when I'm done with PT but it may take a while...rotor cuff injury on the mend... Find out about BFL here ...BFL thread For now I am doing limited PT and have to get my rear back in the water...for water aerobics, its just so darn cold out there with the indoor pool closed for renovations. I know, I just gotta go there!

Great job Laura on your loss to dates. I think your so right about the BFL being a great catalyst, I know it was for me too. The 2003 challenge boasts $250 in EAS supplements to any who complete the challenge ... joining required by Jan 6th I believe.

Well I guess that about sums it up. Congratulations to all who have hung in there despite life sometimes getting in the way. If you've even maintained your wt that deserves credit too! I do think getting back to basics and making sure your moving around is a sure way to keep it heading in the right direction.

I'd love to check back in Casse if ya' think I'll qualify!

Hugs,
Beth