Old Wed, Dec-18-02, 22:30
Registered Member

Plan: CAD
Stats: 154/154/135
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default Help with low blood sugar

Hello everyone,

I've been trying different programs for a long time and just can't get my insulin under control. I think I'm both addicted and allergic to sugar and chocolate. I'll do pretty good on a program for a short while then, bam I'm back at the sugar thing. Anyway, I wanted to try CAD or CALP again but my blood sugar keeps dropping so I have to snack. What can I do? I even tried eating dinner later, (7:00 p.m.), hoping I could go 'till bedtime but no go. I seem to have to eat about every 2-3 hours after 4:00 p.m. I'm O.K. earlier in the day but late afternoon and evening I have problems keeping my blood sugar high enough.

Should I up my protein grams, eat more often? I'm really stumped as to what to do. I couldn't stay on Atkins due to the boredom with protein and so little fruit. I think CAD or CALP could work for me but I'm constantly fighting with my blood sugar. I've never been diagnosed as hypoglycemic but I'm probably borderline. My mother died of compications from diabetes. Also, I only have 15-20 lbs. to lose but I've been trying for years and nothing works.

Merry Christmas to all of you and I hope you do well during the holidays. I've been struggling a lot, having goodies in the house.

Grandma
Sponsored Links