View Single Post
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Dec-18-02, 09:25

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 125/125/125 Female 60
BF:
Progress: 59%

Marie,

Although our house is much more low-carb than it used to be, it's not completely no-carb. I limit the carbs that come into the house, but have given up on trying to completely eliminate them. Last night I cooked the "Bacon-Cheeseburger Casserole" from the recipes section, but made it Taco-style. I ate it as-is, but the kids used it for taco filling (by the way, they said it was waaaaay better than the old taco package seasoning I used to use).

As far as sweet treats, the main thing I'm trying to teach my kids (and myself) is that a treat is just that---a treat--not part of our daily lives. Sure, we'll have dessert occasionally, and enjoy it even more because it's not expected after every meal.

Oh, and thanks for the compliment, Marie, I feel very good about where I am with this WOL. My biggest accomplishment was going on vacation at Thanksgiving, eating a couple of off-program meals, yet getting right back on track. In my previous dieting efforts that would be the sure start of a downward-spiral towards totally blowing it. The reality is that I am not going to NEVER have sugar/starch. I just had to find a program that is comfortable to live with so that I can enjoy an occasional treat but not go hog wild.

Tami