View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Dec-17-02, 20:21

Plan: Hybrid
Stats: 181/157/130 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 47%
Default Dr D'Adamo will probably get bashed here...

he has before, which I find interesting...I can't quite understand the closed minds about it considering how folks here feel about people who are closeminded about low-carbing...hmmm...none of us have all the answers and I like to explore all possibilities.

I found that his recommendations for me were right on the money. I just couldn't lose weight following that plan as he doesn't limit carbs, per se. I know some people that fit his theory pretty well, and others that don't.

I've often wondered why a low-carb plan doesn't work for everyone, and I've come to the conclusion that genetics has a lot to do with it. I think that the blood type theory is just one way to separate groups. It might also be something totally different than blood types, but I think he is on to something.. that people whose genetic lines originated from different areas of the world, under different environmental/dietary conditions, have differing biological makeups. Did that make sense?

He has a very active forum at his website (www.dadamo.com I think) that you can visit. He has some very devoted/knowledgeable followers. Reminds me of this forum. I haven't been there in probably a year, so if it's dead now, I apologize!

He's also not the only blood-type theorist...I saw 2 other books on the same topic at my local health food store last week.

Amy