View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Dec-17-02, 19:39
Registered Member

Plan: General Low Carb
Stats: 186/152/135 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 67%

I am so sorry to hear that you are enduring the gallstone attack pain!

I went through a similar incident at age 21! I went from 210 lbs to 117 lbs in about 7 months. I did this by literally cutting out ALL fat........and exercising a great deal. The attacks hit me several times over about a two month period. The MOST painul experiences of my life. They landed me in ER twice, where doctor's scratched their heads and said, we think you have acid reflux. At the time, when I would have attacks, I would throw up uncontrollably. Finally, on a third ER visit, while throwing up, the nurse came to me and accussed me of me being bulimic! She concluded this after learning of my rapid weight loss. My mother was so angry and concerned for my medical mystery that she took me to another ER that very night. My mother insisted they do an ultra-sound and low and behold, gallstones!

Lapro. surgery two days later...in by 11, out by 5! Within three days, back at work.......no problems since! Other than the obvious fact that since that time (8 years ago), I met and married the man of my dreams, and became "fat and happy" again! Oh well, I am back on the road to the thin me.....down 31 lbs so far! Doing it in an intelligent way this time so as to avoid the horror of the ER!

Good luck with your procedure, it is actually fairly common these days in younger people. I wish you a speedy recovery!