View Single Post
  #12   ^
Old Tue, Dec-17-02, 03:53

Plan: Bernstein/Atkins
Stats: 210/180/125
BF:
Progress: 35%

It isn't an allergy thing, it's a lectin thing. Too difficult to explain here, but wheat lectin and gluten can cause a host of problems in some blood types. The most 'tolerant' of nightshade veggies (tomatoes, peppers, etc) are O's, but if you have arthritis, then avoid them. (Basically nightshades should be primarily avoided by all, but some can tolerate them better than others.) I am a blood type A and by eating according to blood type I *shouldn't* be able to eat so much red meat, but I am apparently what is known as an O-like A. I've been tested (kineseology) on beef/bison/venison *several* times and have even had my blood analyzed to see if I'm digesting my proteins correctly and I apparently am doing just fine. I do avoid some other foods my blood type doesn't like and I feel much better for it. I never thought giving up nightshades and milk would make a PROFOUND difference in my health, but it has (that was before I began low-carbing). I also try to keep my pH more alkaline to combat the effects of eating in a more acid way. I couldn't possibly go vegetarian (which is supposed to be the ideal alkaline way of eating), but I do the best I can in light of the fact I have to eat hi-pro/low-carb because I am diabetic. So I guess you could say I'm on the Blood-type/hi-protein/low-carb/Dr.Atkins/Dr. Bernstein's/Alkaline lifestyle/diet <G>!