View Single Post
  #11   ^
Old Mon, Dec-16-02, 18:20

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 225/182/170 Female 64"
BF:
Progress: 78%

I just want to know a few basic facts:

1. Why do they say that grains are a basic nutritional component of our diet? If I took my regular meal of meat and vegetables and LC fruit (a bit of raspberries in heavy cream are my absolute fave!) and put it next to their low fat pasta with low fat sauce and no cheese and low fat bread, and apple or orange (because we all know that those are the major fruit people chuck down their throats), who is getting more vitamins?

2. Speaking of those many fruits they recommend, why aren't our LC berries considered when they look at the LC lifestyle as acceptable?

3. When they say we don't get enough Calcium, why don't they consider all of my green leafy veggies and cream and cheese as acceptable forms instead of trying to gulp down three glasses of milk?

4. Finally, why doesn't anybody consider writing the guidelines of a LC "diet" correctly? Even if they use Atkins as a punching bag, three cups of veggies is considerable, and this is only on Induction. I eat anywhere from 3 to 5 cups a day, and I know that I'm probably on the low end of normal here!

Goodness, I hope people realize that it's the money that "doth protest too much".

Amber