View Single Post
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Dec-16-02, 10:09

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 468/371/275 Male 5' 10"
BF:
Progress: 50%
Thumbs up Interesting...

Thanks for bringing this article to our attention, Sandy...

...I was thinking about this very subject last night while on my walk (isn't this great weatehr we're having?)...about how my portions are so much closer to what I think they should be now that I'm fully on the LC horse again. Of course, I'm at that stage right now where my appetite is hardly there and I have to force myself to eat, but when I think back on the portions I used to eat...lordy mercy. A typical plate of food for me was overflowing. I always ate seconds and I supersized everything. Basically, I did eveything that this article says is wrong.

In LCing I do allow myself whatever I want in terms of quanitity. However, I find that my desire for more than is needed as fuel is no longer appealing to me. In fact, I get a weird sort of personal satisfaction in keeping portions smaller. It gives me power over the food, and the best part...LEFT OVERS for my next meals!

P.S. I also think you should explore limiting the Diet Coke intake and see if that helps get things moving for you again. It's worth a try...

Thanks again!

Donald