View Single Post
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Dec-16-02, 10:04

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 256/220/215 Male 78 inches
BF:36/28/20
Progress: 88%
Thumbs down Professional Nutrionalists are in Panic Mode.

This is a great post, Tamarian.

Quote:
Critics also point out that the study was funded by the Dr. Robert C. Atkins Foundation, a private nonprofit organization that funds research on carbohydrates and was founded by the author of the Atkins diet.

Here we go again. For years they have been criticizing Dr. Atkins on TV for NOT running a study and providing proof his low-carb diet increases health and achieves more weight loss. Now they criticize him for doing it. The low-fat, high-carbohydrate diet professional nutritionists are certainly in PANIC mode.

Quote:
Noting that the study was only six months in duration, she said, "Americans are really good at losing weight. The problem is they can't keep the weight off, and there certainly is no proof they can keep it off with the Atkins approach."

Another LIE by the high-carbohydrate diet promoters. I started on PROTEIN POWER in June 1999 with awesome results. Great weight loss, great cholesterol improvements, blood pressure drop from high normal to normal, strengthened back and knees, awesome endurance, etc. Keeping it off is no challenge at all by simply NOT going back to the unhealthy high-carb diet that made me fat and sick in the first place. Eating is a wonderful pleasure now as you can see below:

Breakfast: Two fried eggs with three extra thick slices of bacon. I cook the bacon on low heat and stop while still floppy with white fat showing. The fat is delicious. Add a few slices of green pepper.

Lunch: I will have a lamb shoulder blade steak on the grill cooked rare on low heat to avoid melting away the delicious fat. It will be dark red in the center. Generous green salad with walnut oil and red wine vinegar dressing for some Omega-6 fatty acids. Two tablespoons of Carlson's lemon flavored cod liver oil for some Omega-3 fatty acids.

Dinner: Rack of beef ribs on the grill cooked rare on low heat to avoid melting away the fats. Yummmy. A few more low-carb veggies and that's it.

Evening Dessert: Small bowl of no-sugar jello with a special 24-hour home made low-carb yogurt. You can find the yogurt recipe on http://www.scdiet.org/2recipes/scdyogurt.html

Vitamins: I take a good assortment of vitamins as recommended by Dr. Atkins for good measure.

Kent