View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Wed, Aug-29-07, 19:41
Bouncy!

Plan: Atkins Maintenance
Stats: 297/173.3/150 Female 5'7" (top weight 340)
BF:41%/31%/??%
Progress: 84%
Default Valerie's Gym Log

I've been exercising regularly for a while, and I do record my workouts, but I haven't recorded them here, not sure why. And I do like to stay active in the exercise forums, and ask questions or offer my opinion, so I probably should share what I do. And I know I love looking at other's workout logs, maybe others will enjoy looking at mine.

Comments and input are always welcome.

Basically, I love to run. That's my favourite exercise. I weight train, more because I *should* than for the love of it, but I do like feeling strong and seeing/feeling the occasional muscle, so it's worth it. When I'm ambitious, I do high intensity interval training. I really do believe it's helpful for revving up the metabolism, so it's a good fat burner.

Right now I'm in a transition period with my running. I did a 10k race in the spring, and since, have fallen back to running mostly 4 & 5ks. I've committed to doing the Chevron Houston Half Marathon in January 2008 though, so I have to start training for that around the third week of September according to the schedule I have. I'm kind of prepping for it by starting to increase my mileage on the weekend runs. I did 7k on my last weekend run last weekend, this weekend I'll go for 8k.

Jim (my husband for those that don't know me) and I love doing races, we try to do a few a year at least. There is an 8k race the weekend after the coming one, so I won't go up to 9k the weekend after next, I'll be doing a faster 8k instead at the race.

So.. that's me and my gym log started. I'll post a seperate entry with my actual workout details for today.
Sponsored Links