View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Dec-15-02, 16:11
Carol CA

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:

Thanks for posting that, Tamarian. I'd heard about the article, but hadn't seen it. Great read!

We were discussing in another thread what we refer to as the government's great "Pyramid Scheme". You don't suppose that this is yet another so-called government conspiracy put in place initially to promote the country's wheat industy at a time when they were in serious trouble. And now the fast-food and convenience-food industries are big business. VERY odd that there's so much anger surrounding this subject. You'd think that there just might be some big money at risk if we all get healthy and live longer. So let's see here... Department of Agriculture, McDonalds, Sara Lee, Nabisco, Mars, medicine.... and so on.

Seriously... I don't know if there's a real conspiracy happening. Stranger things have happened... and I'll just bet.. truth be known... that there's HUGE money at stake here... vs. at steak here. Tell you what... I'd rather think it's a conspiracy than think that our medical community is THIS ignorant and arrogant! But I don't have a great love for doctors... so my opinion would be biased. A friend of mine was recently diagnosed with diabetes. His doctor put him on drugs that made him GAIN weight. When he asked why, the doctor just waved him off. It made sense to my friend that gaining weight would only make his diabetes worse! He was right, of course. He took matters into his own hands... limited carbs... lost weight... and he is now diabetes AND drug free.

This is a VERY interesting subject.