View Single Post
  #10   ^
Old Sun, Dec-15-02, 16:06

Plan: IF +LC
Stats: 287/165/165 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 100%
Default Re: Cheating - does this happen to you?

Quote:
Originally posted by IdahoMom
Earlier I drank a little of DS chocolate shake and ten minutes later my stomach started cramping and my stomach felt awful.
Idahomom, many of us walk around with intolerances to some foods completely unaware of them. LCing tends to intensify them after you quit eating the food in question and then go back to it. If you find you feel this way when you eat a certain type of food it may mean you're intolerant or even allergic to it. If you get a similar reaction to all forms of carbs then I would think you'd just become more sensitive to them in general.

We all are tolerant to carbs in differing amounts and that tolerance wont be the same for all types of carbs (i.e. my mother can eat refined sugars with little problem but potatoes and other nightshades cause her to swell up like a baloon regardless of the amount and my boyfriend can eat any type of carb up to 40-50g per serving with the exception of grains, which he can handle in much smaller amounts and only when it's very low g.i., anything more causes his Crohn's to flare up)

But you're right, it really does discourage you from taking that first bite. Who wants to feel awful?

Nat