View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Dec-15-02, 11:49

Plan: carb/calorie cycling
Stats: 187/134/128 Female 1,59m
BF:36%/25%/21%
Progress: 90%

Hey, thanks for telling me that depletion is possible with interval cardio as that is exactly my plan..

Currently I am totally out of the BFL mode and more into line with CKD... I love my weekend junk food too much ;-).

Sunday = rest day and regular ketoday mostly (today I swam as I couldn't go to the gym due to ice on the roads and ate a carb meal at a Chinese restaurant)
Monday = leg day (quads, hams, gluteus) plus spinning lesson (45 min)
Tuesday = back day (back- shoulders- triceps)
Wednesday = calves & abs day plus spinning lesson (so mostly cardio)
Thursday - swimming.. for increasing lung capacity I practice swimming under water.. very taxing for heart & lungs.. but not much real swimming involved.. it DOES make me very tired though
Friday - chest day (chest - biceps - wrist) plus intense speed work on home trainer (24 mins of 4 6 min intervals e.g. going up from 75-85-90-95-100-105, 85-90-95-100-105-110, 85-95-100-105-110-115 to 85-100-110-110-110-110 and in the last 10 s to max, this time 155 rpm).. this is what I did Friday and with variations I will try to build it up to 60 mins.. at the moment pools of sweat form at 110 rpm.. it should be done without breaking a sweat ).
Saturday - hips-calves & abs day , a spinning lesson plus depletion workout with 48 mins speed interval interval on hometrainer with similar schedule as the Friday one (times 2) but due to the icy road I didn't.. so I didn't really carb up either..

Fietser

PS.. forgot to explain why .. I am a cyclist (obviously as Fietser means cyclist) and want to train on speed as well as strength. When I do a full body depletion workout I am too 'spent' on Monday to do a lot then.. I want to be well rested for my most important workout (legs) and do another major group (back & triceps) a day later when the glycogen stores are still full. Cardio doesn't tire my muscles as much as a heavy workout does, but it does tire my cardiovascular system.. so I think this is a good approach.. though it might be that my glycogen might be too depleted at the end of the week???