View Single Post
  #8   ^
Old Sun, Dec-15-02, 11:03
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 196/179/150
BF:Ugh!
Progress: 37%

Halaina, also remember that 5 pounds in two weeks is a pretty good start, and it will only continue. I have had an awful time from April through November trying to fight the same 10 pound loss up and down. I realized that portion size - not the foods themselves - was my problem.

Eat your veggies in butter, because the fat content is important on this WOE.

Drink 14 tons of water every day -- never be without your water bottle!

Take good supplements in the morning with your breakfast.

Processed meats for me seemed to be a problem, maybe because of the sodium (retains water)...but more likely because I'd eat 4 or 5 slices of bacon while the other 3 were cooking...then I'd put them on my plate with a large omelet!

Now, I scramble two eggs, don't bother with the cheese...and with my coffee, that's enough to start the day.

Snacks were a big problem for me...I ate nuts, salami and cheese, celery and cream cheese....Now I can't tell you the last snack I had. Don't even need them.

When you get the hang of it - over weeks, not days -- you'll see results. Don't get hung up on the scale either...most of them lie about what's really happening in your body. It's going through LOTS of changes, not just fat loss.

Hang in there...you're doing fine.