View Single Post
  #7   ^
Old Sun, Dec-15-02, 10:39
Lowcarb since 7/2002

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 360/232/180 Female 5'9"
BF:BMI 53.2/34.3/?
Progress: 71%

Thanks Sue for that clarification. When I started this woe of eating I spent a lot of time studying both carbohydrate and glycemic index tables and sometimes I forget about that. I have now internalized most of that information, so I know what I can eat and what I cannot eat. I also always read the label when buying new foods and make decisions based on the number of carbs in the food.

However, I honestly don't see the point of tracking percentage of fat and calories, UNLESS you are having a problem with either rate of weight loss or the way you feel. I don't remember reading anything in Atkin's book that recommends doing all that additional tracking. Atkins specifically says not to think about calories as long as you eat three good meals a day. I think that for me, doing all that tracking would help feed the obsession I sometimes have with food and eating. I'm trying to get past that obsession and I don't want to do anything that would encourage it. However, I know that tracking everything works well for some other people.