View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Sat, Dec-14-02, 18:21

Plan: Atkins/Protein Power
Stats: 256/179/160 Female 68 inches
BF:38.9/27.2/24.3
Progress: 80%
Unhappy LC + Ice Storm = BIG EXPENSE!!!!!

Here in North Carolina we recently had an ice storm that knocked out power for several days (actually the last few customers just got their's back....day 10 after the storm!). After less than 48hrs I found out that the food in my freezer was pretty much thawed! Since I had no ideas what to do with everything, I left it in the freezer, cooking as much of it as I could. Unfortunately, I have an electric stove and there's not much you can cook over an open fire. (Believe me, we tried!)

To make a long story short, I emptied out the freezer and threw it all away! There was probably 3-4 pounds (of various kinds) of chicken alone, as well as pork tenderloins, lamb, steak (tenderloins!), fish....and even over 1 lb of shrimp! Normally my freezer has little in it, but since I started LC I have been buying a lot more meat and fish....and storing them in the freezer! Refrigerator too....most of what was in there had to be ditched....I pretty much only kept condiments and cheese....everything else got thrown out!

I think for the rest of the winter, since we seem to loose power pretty easily around here, I'll stop buying in bulk and stick with just a few days at a time!

What a waste!
Sponsored Links