View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Fri, Dec-13-02, 21:07
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 168/115/115 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 100%
Thumbs up [B]OH MY GOSH! The Greatest Avocado Bique Soup Ever.....

If your like me about Avocado: Than this is the soup to die for.

[COLOR=crimson]AVOCADO BISQUE SOUP[/COLOR]

I found this old book at the Library about Pressure Cooking: I need all the short cuts that I can get! I pressured all this in 3-4 minutes. Wala! Done, ready for the blender and your ready to eat.
Just boil or steam your vegetables soft than Puree all in blender.

Makes 3-4 servings

1 tbls. unsalted butter
2 small celery ribs, chopped
1 small onion, chopped
1 small zucchini, chopped
1 jalapeno pepper, seeded if desired, minced
2 cups chicken Stock or vegetable stock
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp dried mint (opptional): accentuates its Middle Eastern tones.
2 large ripe avocados, peeled and pitted
1/3 cup whipping cream
Fresh Cilantro ( optional): plays to its Tex-Mex side

1) Melt butter in the pan. Add celery, onion, zucchini, and jalapeno. Cook uncovered until vegetables begin to soften, 3-4 minutes. Add stock, cumin, and mint.
2) Cover and bring up to high pressure. Reduce heat to stabilize and cook 5 minutes. Release pressure. Remember you can just continue to cook on the stove top if you don't have pressure cooker.
3) Puree the contents of the cooker in a blender or food processor. Add the avocados and blend again until smooth. Transfer to a serving container and stir in cream and salt to taste. Serve hot or chilled. I perfer hot. It taste sooooo sinful and very elegant.

HOPE YOU ALL ENJOY THIS SPECIAL CLASSIC SOUP (BISQUE)

Amazin77 (My first posting as a newbie) I will now go to introduction board to introduce myself formally.

P.s. I'm really enjoying this site so much. I have all my office doing the Atkins since they see my results and what I create and eat during the day and at dinner......But again I'm paying an incentive so they can really make this diet work by 1 lb. loss equal $ 1.00 I pay them. Time limit of course 2 months...
Sponsored Links