View Single Post
  #29   ^
Old Mon, Aug-20-07, 07:20

Plan: Atkins72/Paleo/NoGrain/IF
Stats: 285/220/200 Female 5 feet 5.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 76%

"

2) I don't have a good reference on this but I know more recent work has gone against the traditional concept of man as efficient meat hunter and relegated it to more of a vulture status - namely gathering meat that was left. And in most cases the remaining meat was brain or marrow - we were able to better extract brain meat from a skull/bones than other animals. In most cases brain meat is incredibly dense with protein and fats. Does that mean our best diet would be brain? Muscle meat has very different composition and therefore your're making a stretch. A second point is that there is only one study to my knowledge (Crawford, Michael) showing the absolute need for meat as a precursor to larger brain development. "

I am not understanding your post. Brain is still a highly valued part of the animal in many cuisines. Just because you don't eat it, doesn't mean other people don't. My husband just found out about a zoo that was feeding tigers muscle meat and they could not reproduce, so they observed them in the wild, taking the organ meats and leaving the rest. If man could scavenge bones and muscle meat from these carcasses, they would have. We need to eat more of the whole animal, but that does not mean muscle meat is not part of the diet.

Janine