#9   ^
Old Fri, Dec-13-02, 18:57
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 277/223/180 Male 71
BF:
Progress: 56%
Default I sent USA feedback

Their online website contains categorized feedback sections (health articles falling under the "Life" section) where I on the one hand commended her for doing a better job than most mass media misreporting on the Atkins Diet, but rebuked her for apparently not bothering to even skim the first few chapters of the book she was reporting, the better to have avoided her allowing the misinformation about eliminating an entire food group, as well as failing to point out the plentitude of veggies we eat. I also added the excellent point already made in this thread about the 72 year old's "maintenance" mode may not have necessarily corresponded to Atkins' formal definition of maintenance.

I say each and every time we see the same disinformation being parroted, we call them on the carpet. Eventually, enough editors and article writers (unless they're just shucksters for the low fat industry selling products) might get the message that something's not quite right, and maybe one or two of them might - gasp - even dare to open up Page 1 of the book in question and realize for themselves what's what. Look what happened when Gary Taubes bothered to turn the page!