Old Thu, Dec-12-02, 21:51
Starting Over!

Plan: Protein Power LifePlan
Stats: 182/178/150 Female 67 inches
BF:Jiggley mess
Progress: 13%

Quote:
Originally posted by DanaP
What about induction? I read some people stay on it longer than 2 weeks to lose faster. Less than 20 carbs ....I read Atkins
What you are suggesting sounds like a normal diet.
Believe me, you will not hear me" whining" again.

PS. Where did you come up with 80+ oz. of water a day? I read an article that said you can actually drink too much water .It over- works your kidneys or something
Are you losing on induction levels? Your particular body may do better at a slightly higher level of carbs and most people when they are stuck do better with more vegetables than are allowed on induction.... so in order to accomplish both, I suggested adding a few carbs with fresh vegetables.

What do you mean by a "normal diet"? If you mean the average American diet, that one is usually 300-400 carbs/day. If you mean like a low-fat, low-cal "diet" then no, that's not what I'm suggesting either.... do they allow cheese and butter and mayonnaise and red meat and bacon? Nope. I'm only suggesting you add some veggies beyond one cup of lettuce/day.

It's widely known that drinking more water....as much as you can possibly stand and then more....will definitely help you lose the weight. ESPECIALLY if you're eating salty foods, processed foods and alcohol. There are many people around this board that drink upwards of 4-6 liters daily. As I said, 80 oz would be the minimum I'd suggest for you.