View Single Post
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Dec-12-02, 11:03
Canuck Conundrum

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 283/000/180 Female 5' 8"
BF:?///?
Progress: 275%

It is true that the you should eat 10 - 12 times your weight in calories, but the carbs are the important ones to count.

If you overdo the calories, it's obvious what happens. The part that most don't get at first is that if you UNDEREAT, it can be just as bad if not worse. Less calories than you need will send a signal to your body that it is being starved, so it will adjust your metabolism to conserve fat...not burn it, in case this starvation mode is going to be ongoing. Our HEADS know we aren't trying to starve ourself to death, just that our BODY is more cautious.

That is why I find that fitday.com really helps me. Not only does it give me my carb count, but also my calories and lets me check my ratio of fat/protein/carb, which should be approx. 65/30/5

I know it's a lot of numbers to worry about, but I see from reading a lot of results and members journals that those are the numbers that work for most. It didn't take me long to be able to choose foods for the day and be almost bang on with the numbers I wanted.....so it's not that difficult to get used to.

Sam