Thread: No Comments Yet
View Single Post
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Dec-11-02, 21:15

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 222/207/145 Female 5' 3"
BF:
Progress: 19%

Congratulations on your lose, keep up the good work. I lost 30 lbs. last year and everyone noticed around 25 lbs. Strange thing was all of a sudden I was the center of attention and that made me very uncomfortable. At first I would get into a discussion about what I was doing and how I did it and then got to the point I would just say thank you. I never imagined that what I thought I wanted most would wear thin so fast. Went off my eating plan and gained back 20 of the pounds. Somewhere, some one would say I could not handle the attention and sabotaged myself. Who's to say, I did put the weight back on.

This time back I've lost 12lbs and now on day 10. No one has noticed yet but I'm more comfortable about that and I'm preparing myself for the comments when they come because this time I'm doing it for myself, my health and my family, they need me around. A simple thank you and change the subject. I think what I started feeling was not so much that I was being congratulated for my hard work and lose but people were commenting on how HUGE I looked before.

I guess what I want is to be looked at like everyone else, not a former fatty. It wasn't until I read your comment that I started thinking about this. I love that this site not only give you so much support but occasionally a comment triggers a deep thought.

Keep up the good work. I never noticed how much weight you lost yet because you've always looked good to me.