View Single Post
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Dec-11-02, 15:49

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 468/371/275 Male 5' 10"
BF:
Progress: 50%
Smile OMG, that's not good!

The last thing I want to do is make anyone feel badly about their LC progress, Kassie!

I know what you mean about being envious, as I know others in the forum have lost more than I. But it doesn't cause me to feel bad about my own progress. Rather, I hope my stats inspire others.

You probably won't like this answer much, but no, I do not belong to a gym. In fact I only added walking as a form of exercise to my program about 7 weeks ago. So until then, I had managed to lose about 80+lbs without working out. But one day I was re-reading DANDR and it includes a statement that if you're not exercising while following the Atkins plan that you're not really doing the plan fully. So I started walking. And I feel great for doing so. I sit at a desk all day, so walking is much needed by my body. It also gives me a great opportunity to clear my head of work related issues and to do some planning for the future. I don't listen to music while I walk, I just think and breath. Before I know it, I''ve walked 2.5 miles or more and I'm ready for a shower and a good night's sleep.

Anyway, I'm glad that you're giving the gym a try. It's only going to be good for you and it may be just the ticket for jump starting your weight loss program.

And thanks for not slamming the TDC Big Ladies Club door in my face!

Donald