View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Dec-10-02, 21:37

Plan: Schwarzbein
Stats: 222/199/120 Female 62.5
BF:?/30/20
Progress: 23%

I don't know enough about somersizing, but I do know that patience has got to be in your plan. Schwarzbein, particularily in the 2nd book talks about how you must heal before you can loose, that maybe exactly what you are doing. My sister is in the same situation at this time, and I have been there in the past 20 months. It has taken me that long to loose about 40 lbs. nearly 2 years of exersice, seeing a good doctor, getting the help I needed and then LC just a few months ago.
My biggest concern with eating carbs alone is that if you are diabetic, or insulin resistant, your BS will increase, needing more insulin and not being able to utilize it correctly.
I don't see a problem combining the two plans, but you need to focus on how you feel, not just how fast is the weight coming off.
I earnestly believe that you must heal before weight will come off, if you don't it will not be permanant.
If you are healthy than I don't think there is a big problem in that area but you still should be careful.
I don't believe that a calorie is a calorie, my sister is proof of that as am I.
I eat until I'm satisfied, and I eat when I'm hungry.
Exersice is a must, particularily some sort of weight training. I know that is a big help in the long run.
Don't skimp on fats, when you do, you crave carbs more, dont' skimp on the protien, your body really needs it, and you won't eat it when you don't need, at least I don't.
Eat lots and lots of veggies, that is a great help.
I know food combining works for many cultures, but I think that is because they are healthy to begin with, so they don't end up with the problems we have.
Just somethings to consider.
Good luck, and remember health is measured by more than just weight or weigh loss.
Tanya