#6   ^
Old Tue, Dec-10-02, 14:01
Registered Member

Plan: Anything that works
Stats: 184/150/117
BF:45%/40%/15%
Progress: 51%
Default Body For Life

I took a look at some of Nat's posts last night before toddling off to bed. They made a great deal of sense.

Looking at the scale this morning though...hmmm...was 69 kg's on Friday and I am now 68 kg's. I just feel I would be more comfortable dropping some of this fat before I go to the gym. I had read Dr Hussmans site a while back and that got me beyond the fifth week of exercising flat out and seeing no results. I did feel fitter and I know it is important to accept any progress, but I can see no fat reduction at all--except in measuring my waist. I think that that was merely having done so many abdominal exercises that it was pulling it in though.

Since I have worked so har to get into ketosis now, I may stick with that and get as much as I can out of it, and possibly just have a milk shake prior to my workouts for some energy. That and try the glutamine at bedtime after my weight training as Nat says. After two weeks of that I will move to introducing nuts and berries and fruit and maybe some vegies. I also think I was not consuming enough fat. Everything was low fat. It recommends I take around 37 grams of fat per day for my build, but I had no idea how to convert cod liver oil pills and the odd tsp of peanut butter or the odd squirt that I put in the salad of olive oil. Possibly I was on low fat so that could have made all the difference--except that I feel I would not have consumed so many carbs left to my own devices but for the book instructing me to take them at every sitting. Personally on nights that I don't train I would have avoided them after 5pm to be honest and just had protein because I don't think they are needed on nights that I don't train--so I have some tweaking to do when I come off this Induction.

I think I had to drop the carbs out completely and then slowly re introduce them anyway to find my personal tolerance of them on this BFL program. So I am not going to look at it as a step backwards, but rather the beginning of a learning curve.

Thank you very much for responding and I may have time today to just have a tiki tour around the site and read other's journals.

Kind Regards,

Anne-Marie